Many people that get arrested or are under criminal investigation and fail to retain an experienced criminal defense attorney immediately. That is a very big mistake that could lead to very serious consequences down the road such as incarceration, having a criminal conviction, being placed on probation and/or parole, being deported, loss of the right to vote, employment, the right to carry a firearm, etc.
If you find yourself under arrest and/or under criminal investigation, call Michael A. Arbeit immediately at (516) 766-1878. We are available 24/7 at (516) 766-1878. We are located at 23 S. Main Street, Suite 30, Freeport, New York 11520. We handle all Criminal Defense and Traffic Violation matters in Nassau County, Suffolk County, Queens County, Kings County, and New York County. No case is too big or too small and each matter is handled exclusively by Mr. Arbeit and treated with the utmost attention to detail.
We have been proudly representing residents of the Town of Hempstead (Atlantic Beach, Baldwin, Bellerose Terrace, Bellmore, Bethpage, Cedarhurst, East Meadow, East Rockaway, Elmont, Floral Park, Franklin Square, Freeport, Graden City, Hempstead, Hewlett, Inwood, Island Park, Lawrence, Levittown, Lynbrook, Malverne, Merrick, Mineola, New Hyde Park, North Lynbrook, North Valley Stream, North Woodmere, Oceanside, Point Lookout, Rockville Centre, Roosevelt, Seaford, South Hempstead, Uniondale, Valley Stream, Wantagh, West Hempstead, Woodmere, Ilsand Trees, Plainedge), The Town of North Hempstead (Albertson, Carle place, Floral Park, Glenwood Landing, Great Neck, Greenvale, Kings Point, Manhasset, Mineola, New Hyde Park, North New Hyde Park, Old Westbury, Port Washington, Roslyn, Roslyn Heights, Westbury, Williston Park), The Town of Oyster Bay (Bayville, Bethpage, East Norwich, Farmingdale, Glen Head, Glenwood landing, Greenvale, Hicksville, Jericho, Locust Valley, Massapequa, Massapequa Park, Mill Neck, Old Bethpage, Old Westbury, Oyster Bay, Plainview, Sea Cliff, Syosset, Woodbury), City of Glen Cove, City of Long Beach, Town of Babylon (Amityville, Babylon, Copiague, Deer Park, Lindenhurst, North Amityville, North Babylon, West Babylon, West Ilsip), Town of Brookhaven (Bellport, Blue Point, Brookhaven, Calverton, Centereach, Center Moriches, Coram, West Moriches, East Patchogue, Eastport, East Setauket, Farmingville, Holbrook, Holtsville, Lake Grove, Manorville, Mastic, Mastic Beach, Medford, Middle Island, Miller Place, Moriches, Mount Sinai, North Patchogue, Rocky Point, Shoreham, Wading River, Port Jefferson, Ronkonkoma, Sound Beach, Yaphank, Port Jefferson Station, Ridge, Shirly, Upton, Selden, Stony Brook) Town of Huntington (Centerport, Cold Spring harbor, Commack, East Northport, Greenlawn, Huntington, Huntington Station, Lloyd Harbor, Melville, Northport), Town of Islip (Bayport, Bay Shore, Bohemia, Brentwood, Brightwaters, Central Islip, East Islip, Great River, Hauppauge, Holbrook, Holtsville, Islandia, Islip, Islip Terrace, Oakdale, Ocean Beach, Ronkonkoma, Sayville, West Islip, West Sayville), Town of Smithtown (Commack, Hauppauge, Kings Park, Nesconset, Saint James, Smithtown).
Many people call my office with questions and queries on a whole range of criminal topics such as:
- What happens if you deny a breath test for DUI?
- After arrest, can you make a phone call in NYC?
- Breathalyzer refusal and counseling NY
- Child pornography charge for minors
- Cops tell me I don’t need to call a lawyer or parents
- How can the police come to your house and tell you to come to the precinct for questioning?
- How soon should I be arraigned after being arrested?
- How to lower sex offender level
- How to petition and reduce a level 3 sex offender
- I turn myself in, what happens next burglary charges?
- I was arrested for domestic violence, what happens next?
- If the police ask you to come down for an interview do I have to go?
- Police wish to speak with me…lawyer?
- What are the chances of getting a conditional license at a DMV Hearing in NYS after refusing a breathalyzer?
- What constitutes child pornography?
- What do police do after an arrest in NYC?
- What happens when arrested and no bail is set?
- What happens after a domestic assault arrest?
- What happens in an arrest for fraud?
- What is the discipline for nurses for aggravated assault charges that have been dropped?
- What should you do if arrested for robbery?
- Can family members attend an arraignment?
- Can police arrest you if they ask you to come to the precinct?
- Finding a lawyer after an arrest
- What happens when arrested?
- What happens when arrested for child abuse?
If you have any questions about the criminal process and/or need to speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney, call Michael A. Arbeit at (516) 766-1878. Do not delay. It could be the most important telephone call you make in your life if you value your freedom. The police are allowed to lie to you to a certain extent and will do everything in their power to try and trick you into incriminating yourself and others. Do NOT speak with the police. Call attorney Michael A. Arbeit immediately.